The following list summarizes skills that students will be comfortable with after this course:
- Customize Excel options and views
- Create and manipulate tables
- Filter and sort data
- Apply formulas
- Use the correct syntax to insert functions
- Create and format cells and ranges
- Order and group cells and ranges
- Apply cell ranges and references in formulas and functions
- Summarize data with functions
- Apply conditional logic in functions
- Format and modify text with functions
- Create and format charts and objects
The course assumes that students have at least introductory knowledge and experience to Microsoft Excel.
President, Owner, PowerConcepts
Frank grew up in Burnaby, BC, in a Dutch immigrant family. After graduating from Simon Fraser University, he taught high school and volunteered in Hawaii and the Philippines before permanently settling in Kelowna. He founded PowerConcepts in 1998 at the height of the Y2K scare. Since then, Frank has obtained his Microsoft Master Instructor certification and helped thousands of clients to hone their computer skills. In his spare time, he plays rugby with the Kelowna Vicars and enjoys almost every outdoor activity from sailing to hiking.