In this seminar, you will learn to:
- Write effective emails, technical memos, letters, and reports,
- Write clearly and concisely,
- Eliminate common errors,
- Organize information effectively and understand how your audiences process information, and
- Use headings, lists, and other tools to help with the readability of your documents.
Engineers and geoscientists who wish to improve their technical writing skills, and who write emails, letters, memos, and reports as part of their role.
- “Very clear and easy to follow.”
- “Eric did a great job during the course. Did not overwhelm us with terms we did not require.”
- “Great presenter, interactive session, welcoming and open to question.”
- “Eric was an excellent speaker. Was able to stay focused the entire length of the seminar.”
Principal Consultant, Prolepsis Consulting
Eric Tung has a Master of Arts in English from the University of British Columbia (UBC). He is an English Instructor at the UBC Writing Centre, where he teaches academic, professional, and business writing courses. Some of the courses he teaches include Report and Business Writing, Writing Proposals, and Writing for Engineers in the Workplace. He is also an Instructor at Simon Fraser University, where he teaches Business Communications at the Beedie School of Business.
As a Principal Consultant at Prolepsis Consulting, Eric designs and delivers customized business, proposal, and technical writing workshops to various organizations, including engineering and consulting firms. He advises firms on their communications strategy, and writes proposals and business plans for his clients.
Eric is also a Business Transformation and Change Management Consultant, specializing in change management strategy and implementation, stakeholder engagement, organizational readiness assessments, leadership coaching, facilitation, instructional design, training, and technical and business communications.