Anyone who negotiates with internal or external customers. Whether you are negotiating within ongoing relationships or one time deals, whether you are involved in formal negotiations or just looking to get your needs met more consistently, everyone can benefit from this powerful and practical learning experience.
- The most common negotiating mistakes people make and how to avoid them.
- How to know what game you are playing—understanding the difference between collaborative “win-win” and competitive “hardball” negotiations.
- The four most important sources of bargaining power and to leverage them.
- How to plan and prepare to maximize your and determine your “walk-away point”.
- How to create an open communication flow allowing you to deeply understand the other party and create "win-win" outcomes that ensure the other party is fully committed to live up to their end of the bargain.
- Essential best practices to apply in all negotiations.
- Practical strategies and techniques to defend yourself against manipulative or “hardball’ negotiators.
Greg Campeau is a learner and teacher of timeless leadership principles or truths that govern both personal and organizational effectiveness. Greg has delivered over 2,200 presentations and workshops throughout North America providing leadership strategies and solutions that support both personal and organizational success and stability in the “white water world” of the 21st century.
Since founding Campeau Learning in 1991, Greg has established a client list that is clearly a breed apart, including organizations like Finning Canada, Telus, the Canadian and U.S. Federal Governments, the NHL Coaches Association, and KPMG. Concurrently, for the last 14 years, Greg has instructed courses at British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) in the School of Business. After obtaining an Honors Bachelor of Commerce degree from University of Windsor, Greg went on to spend over 15 years in international packaged goods corporations, during which he achieved increasingly senior management positions while establishing an outstanding record of award-winning success. Twice, Greg led corporate regions from worst to first in terms of overall performance (market share, revenue, and profit growth). Greg’s broad and riveting appeal is rooted in his relevant, meaningful, thought provoking, proven, and practical content, which is always delivered in an interactive, humorous, and inspirational style.