- 5:00 PM–6:00 PM: Registration and networking, no host bar
- 6:00 PM–7:00 PM: Catered dinner
- 7:00 PM–7:30 PM: Technical Presentation: Fernie Arena Ammonia Leak
- 7:30 PM–8:00 PM: Branch report, business, and announcements
- 8:00 PM–8:10 PM: Presenting new professional members certificates
- 8:10 PM–8:30 PM: Branch Executive Elections
- 8:30 PM: Closing
The Fernie Arena experienced an ammonia leak last year, unfortunately resulting in fatalities. There will be a presentation about the technical findings of investigations performed in the aftermath of this incident.
Branch Business will consist of presenting and discussing:
- Introduction of the Branch Executive.
- Review of branch activities over the past year.
- Review of financial statements.
- Current events: Continuing Professional Development.
- Programs: mentorship, nominating committee, volunteer opportunities.
- Branch demographics.
If you are interested in becoming a branch executive we may have positions available, including "member-at-large". This position is an ideal introductory position because it gives you the opportunity to get involved in the activities you select, at the extent you select. Please consider volunteering some of your talents to help the East Kootenay Branch succeed.
If you have received your professional designation in the last 6 months, the East Kootenay Branch would like to present you with your certificate and celebrate your accomplishment. To register to receive your certificate at the event, refer to your special guest invitation that was sent to you via email from the East Kootenay Branch. Please contact Mara Buzgar, [email protected], for more details.