To achieve this goal, the Richmond/Delta Branch of Engineers and Geoscientists BC has worked with academic, industry, and community organizations to bring this full-day, fun-filled event to the heart of Richmond. Come out with your family and friends and enjoy your day:
- Browse through the engineering students' projects.
- Visit the information booths of engineering companies.
- Learn about the works of the Engineering division of the City of Richmond.
- Participate in contests and competitions.
- Test your Popsicle Stick Bridge (read the details below), and
- Learn more and win prizes.
The competition is designed for three age groups:
- Grade 10 and under (1:00 PM–1:30 PM)
- Grade 11 and 12 (1:30 PM–2:00 PM)
- Post-secondary students and others (2:00 PM–2:30 PM)
Be sure to download a copy of the Rules and Instructions and Registration form in the Downloads section below.
Your bridge will be tested using the famous bridge tester to destruction. The bridge that can carry the highest load is the winner of the competition. The winners of each age group will be awarded with prizes.
For those participating in the Popsicle Stick Bridge Competition in a team or individually, you must fill out the registration form and send an electronic version to firstname.lastname@example.org and give a hard copy to Richmond Public Library (Brighouse) to pick up popsicle sticks and glue. Please also bring another hard copy with you on the event day for check in.
Registration deadline: Saturday, February 24, 2018 or while supplies last (glue and stick kits).
Important: Only the bridges that are constructed with the materials obtained from Richmond Public Library and according the rules and instructions will be allowed to participate in the competition.
Are you a member of the association? If so, we are looking for volunteer members to help us with this event. Please apply online and someone from our branch will be in touch. Please make sure that you mention in the comments section that you are interested in helping out at the Richmond/Delta Branch bridge building competition.