John Haythorne is the Vancouver lead and National Co-Chair of Dentons Canada’s Infrastructure and PPP group. He practices in the areas of construction, engineering, and infrastructure with special emphasis on negotiating, drafting, and advising on contracts. He is particularly experienced in public-private partnerships, advising owners on the structure and administration of procurement and legal issues relating to design and construction. He has acted for municipal, healthcare authorities, and the Province of British Columbia advising on the law relating to tenders, requests for proposals, and complex procurements. John began his career practising in construction litigation.
In addition to providing advice on engineering and construction matters, John has also advised clients on a variety of other technical projects, including shipbuilding and repair and truck transportation, as well as waste collection. John is a professional engineer, and prior to entering law, he worked as an engineer on infrastructure projects. His unique background as an engineer allows him to focus on practical and workable solutions for clients.
From 1997–1998, John was the President of the Engineers and Geoscientists BC. He then served on the national Canadian Council of Professional Engineers from 2000–2002. John is a frequent lecturer on all matters relating to construction law, procurement, and P3s.
- 6:00 PM–6:30 PM: Registration and Networking
- 6:30 PM–7:15 PM: Dinner
- 7:15 PM–7:30 PM: Branch Business and Announcements
- 7:30 PM–9:00 PM: Presentation and Q&A
- 9:00 PM: Closing
- Guest/Non-member registration: If you are not a member of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia, you can register online by quickly creating a 'non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account and then you will be able to register online with this new account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.
- Photography Disclaimer: Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia will take photographs at this event and may use those in our news or promotional material in print, electronic, or other media, including our website. By attending this event, you grant Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. Should you wish to avoid being photographed, please notify an event volunteer at the onsite event registration desk.
- Alcohol Disclaimer: This event is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age. Please drink responsibly and do not drink and drive.