Following a company overview and introduction by the CEO, Dr. Darwin Kiel, a short technical project case study presentation will give participants context on the live demonstrations they will see in the laboratory.
Guests will then be divided into smaller groups and guided through the laboratory tour by some of the senior engineering research scientists, who will be able to answer questions along the way. The evening concludes with an open forum discussion and refreshments session.
Coanda aims to solve complex engineering problems using a combination of simulation and analysis techniques. With over 70 employees located in its offices and laboratories in Vancouver (BC), Edmonton (AB), and Calgary (AB), Coanda offers extensive capabilities in process development and troubleshooting, and in physical and analytical modelling, with a particular specialty in computational fluid dynamics.
By maintaining a contingent of formally trained mathematicians, physicists, rheologists, and other expertise, the company is able to develop specialized instrumentation and models tailored to the unique needs of its clients. Coanda's commitment to scientific and engineering rigour and ability to simplify complex problems helps industries solve their biggest challenges.
Coanda’s head office in Burnaby offers over 40,000 square feet of laboratory, office, machine shop, and warehousing space. It is home to the company's main research and analytical laboratories as well as its primary engineering office, where scientific evaluation, engineering, and data processing takes place. Coanda's High-Power-Computing cluster for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulations and custom software development department are also located at this site. For more information, please refer to the company’s website.
- Transit access: The facility is a 15 minute walk from the Production Way Skytrain station.
- Driving access: They are located on Cariboo Rd., which can be accessed from the Gaglardi Exit off of Hwy 1.
- Space limitations: Number of registrations is limited to 40.
- Guest/Non-member registration: If you are not a member of Engineers and Geoscientists BC, you can register online by quickly creating a 'non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account and then you will be able to register online with this new account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.
- Photography Disclaimer: Engineers and Geoscientists BC will take photographs at this event and may use those in our news or promotional material in print, electronic, or other media, including our website. By attending this event, you grant Engineers and Geoscientists BC the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. Should you wish to avoid being photographed, please notify an event volunteer at the onsite event registration desk.