Moffatt & Nichol is one of the leading ports and marine consulting firms with offices in Vancouver, US, UK, and South America. Currently involved in some of the largest projects in the Vancouver area, M&N specializes in a wide variety of maritime work from marinas and urban waterfronts, to habitat, to container, oil and gas, and dry bulk terminals.
While urban waterfronts provide relaxation for port city residents, trade provides prosperity. As the largest port in the country, Vancouver’s port facilities are numerous and varied, with all types of goods in containers, liquid and dry bulk commodities, automobiles, and breakbulk.
After providing an overview of the types of terminals in Vancouver, senior staff from Moffatt & Nichol will then focus on the North Shore terminal types, issues, and impacts, including the unique features of particular commodities.
- 5:30 PM–6:30 PM: Registration and networking
- 6:30 PM–6:45 PM: Branch business and announcements
- 6:45 PM–7:30 PM: Buffet Dinner
- 7:30 PM–8:45 PM: Presentation, plus Q&A
- 9:00 PM: Closing
Cathy Fritter is the VP and Business Unit Leader for Moffatt & Nichol. She has worked with ports and marine firms for much of her career as an electrical engineer, joining M&N in 2012, with a more general mandate for ports and marine consulting. This has given her the opportunity to work with specialists in ports and marine, and a terrific local team, on some of the largest projects in the area. Over the years, her projects have varied from location, to type of project, to type of commodity, to underwater, aboard vessel, or on land. She has also been active in the Association of Engineering Consulting Companies of BC, and with Engineers and Geoscientists BC in many facets over the years.
- Guest/Non-member Registration: If you are not a member of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia, you can register online by quickly creating a 'non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account and then you will be able to register online with this new account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.
- Photography Disclaimer: Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia will take photographs at this event and may use those in our news or promotional material in print, electronic, or other media, including our website. By attending this event, you grant Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. Should you wish to avoid being photographed, please notify an event volunteer at the onsite event registration desk.
- Alcohol Disclaimer: This event is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age. Please drink responsibly and do not drink and drive.