Topics for the evening will include the history of the Canadian Marine Spill Response Regime, the transition to a Spill Response Regime based on risk assessments, and the current capacity of the West Coast Marine Response Corp. Discussion of the requirements for various bases throughout coastal communities, including the one that is currently in-construction in Port Alberni, for their purposes of timely response to these events will be touched on.
Other topics include:
- Coastal mapping and geographic response strategies
- Preparing for an increase in shipping traffic
- Protection strategies for coastal areas
- 6:00 PM–6:30 PM: Registration and networking
- 6:30 PM–6:45 PM: Branch business and announcements
- 6:45 PM–7:30 PM: Buffet Dinner
- 7:30 PM–8:30 PM: Presentations
- 8:45 PM: Closing
If you are not a member of Engineers and Geoscientists BC, you can register online by quickly creating a 'Non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.