From the parking area near the Lynn Canyon Ecology Centre the hike will start at 10:15 AM sharp crossing the free suspension bridge and admiring Lynn Creek far below. The bridge sits about 50-meters above the creek and was built in 1912 to connect trails on both sides of the canyon.
After crossing the suspension bridge, go right at the junction and then right at a second junction to Twin Falls. The route follows the Baden Powell Trail as it makes its way through a scenic forest, lush with lichen, moss, and other sensitive ecology that are common in west coast rainforest areas. The trail begins to descend quickly through a series of stairs and switchbacks. Make your way to the bottom and follow the route as it continues.
A final set of wooden steps ends on a rock with a wooden bridge ahead where you can see Twin Falls from above. Your refreshment items (energy bar, sandwich, cheese platter, and water) will be given to you before the start of the hike and a break will be taken here for you to enjoy your refreshments.
After you have enjoyed the area, make your way back to the wooden bridge above Twin Falls and cross to the other side. Start your hike up the steep set of stairs that pass through multiple switchbacks, taking time to catch your breath and enjoy the scenic views. Once at the top, go right and follow the trail as it continues back up hill. The trail veers left and makes a final ascent back up to the parking lot area. Depending on where you parked, you may have to walk up the parking lot further towards the Ecology Centre to the parking lot near the entrance of the park.
Please register by Tuesday, August 7, 2018, to help us predict our catering needs
- Proper Clothing: Don’t forget to bring your hiking shoes, sunscreen, hat, umbrella, proper clothing, and anything needed based on the weather forecast.
- Limited Carpooling: available but not guaranteed. Please contact Nilufar – [email protected].
- Guest/Non-member registration: If you are not a member of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia, you can register online by quickly creating a 'Non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account and then you will be able to register online with this new account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.
- Photography Disclaimer: Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia will take photographs at this event and may use those in our news or promotional material in print, electronic, or other media, including our website. By attending this event, you grant Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. Should you wish to avoid being photographed, please notify an event volunteer at the onsite event registration desk.
- Alcohol Disclaimer: This event is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age. Please drink responsibly and do not drink and drive.