The Vancouver Branch of Engineers and Geoscientists BC would like to welcome all student members to participate in our research presentations seminar taking place on January 17, 2019, and March 13, 2019, at Vancouver City Hall between 6.30 PM–8.30 PM on each evening. The Vancouver Branch is the association’s branch with the most members totaling over 11,000, and this seminar offers a wonderful opportunity for knowledge sharing and networking.
This particular seminar will be dedicated to all students enrolled in B.Sc., M.Eng., M.Sc., and PhD programs and also must be a registered member of Engineers and Geoscientists BC as a student member, member-in-training (EIT/GIT); or professional member or licensee (P.Eng./P.Geo.). The seminar will provide an opportunity for those selected to share their exciting research projects. The duration of presentations will be a maximum of 5 minutes and should be created in PowerPoint for each presentation to the audience.
There will also be a networking session for the attendees with refreshments, followed by a keynote presentation from government or industry towards the end of the evening. Selected students will receive a certificate of appreciation from the Vancouver Branch and also a chance to be published in one of the Vancouver Branch’s newsletters.
Presenters need to:
- Be a registered member of Engineers and Geoscientists BC as a student member, member-in-training (EIT/GIT); or professional member or licensee (P.Eng./P.Geo.). Be a current student enrolled in B.Sc., M.Eng., M.Sc., and PhD programs in any university in Greater Vancouver until March 13, 2019.
- Be available on both January 17 and March 13, 2019. (The selection committee will select the specific date and will inform the presenters as the seminar approaches).
- Submit attached abstract submission form to [email protected] by December 21, 2018 for consideration. Please put "Abstract Submission" as the subject line of your email.
- Download the Abstract Submission Form
- Only 20 selected presenters (10 presenters for each seminar) will get a chance to present.
- Presenters will be chosen based on the decision made by a selection committee comprised of local professional engineers and geoscientists.
- Selected presenters will be informed about their selection and will receive further instructions by December 31, 2018 (10 days after the abstract submission deadline).