Review of passive income tax rules – NEW*
Common mistakes of business owners when accumulating wealth inside the business
- The classification of income and its’ implied taxation
- Punitive taxes on passive income inside your corporation
Individual Pension Plans
- The appetite for short-term savings and cash equivalents.
- Complete disregard to passive income tax rules
Tax Deferral and Tax Exemption Opportunities
- Key features of an IPP
- Its’ popularity in recent years
- Pros and Cons
- The process involved in obtaining and managing an IPP
Tax friendly accounts worth considering
- The unlikely source of wealth accumulation
- Tax sheltered growth of life insurance
- Tax exempt distribution to your estate
- Are TFSAs a viable option?
- Split-Dollar Insurance Policies – A great way to protect yourself and your business
Director, Private Client Group
Kian is a UBC Finance graduate who is passionate about keeping a balance between work, family and community. He is a Partner at Caerus Private Wealth and a Portfolio Manager working with the affluent community and small business owners. He also holds a Certified Financial Planning designation and has spent over 15 years advocating financial literacy alongside groups including Metro Vancouver, City of Barnaby, District of West Van, City of Coquitlam and more. Aside from work, he loves to spend time with his growing family and is actively involved in various non-profit and charitable organizations.