- What is the Purpose of a Process Safety Management System, PSM.
- PSM Background
- Regulations – Guidelines: OSHA, H&SE, AIChE – CCPS, Canadian perspective.
- PSM and the Professional Engineer - Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- Process Safety and Personnel Safety Differences
- Process Safety Management Framework and Elements
- Risk Based Process Safety Guidelines, RBPS
- Application – Implementation of PSM Strategy and Safety Culture
- Auditing and Assessment of PSM System
- Conclusions – Closing Arguments
This presentation is a condensed version of two different ACM training workshops combined to give the participant a good introduction to the concepts of process safety. It will be delivered by a certified functional safety expert who has studied and worked in the field for more than 25 years.
- Engineers involved in design of facilities.
- Others who work in close proximity to hazardous processes, such as operations and maintenance personnel, supervisors, plant engineers, and safety professionals.
- Others who require a sound understanding of risk and risk management.
Safety Lifecycle Leader/Educator, ACM Facility Safety
Guillermo Pacanins has a B.Sc. in electrical engineering with knowledge in process design, process safety, and is a Safety Instrumented System, (SIS), Process Hazards and Risk Analysis, (PH&RA), Functional Safety Engineering Expert. He has taught several courses in process automation to many companies. Mr. Guillermo’s excellent communication and leadership skills, combined with his in-depth understanding of process safety makes him a successful analyst/educator. Guillermo Pacanins is an accredited facilitator of the workshops Lessons from Longford and Creating a Mindful Organisation. These workshops feature Professor Andrew Hopkins, considered one of the world’s constructive critics on the organisational causes of major disasters. Guillermo also received a Process Safety Practice Certificate from Texas A&M university, Mary Kay O’Connor Center for Process Safety.
- Electrical Engineering, University of Florida (1984)
- AA in Engineering Science, Miami-Dade Community College (1982)
- Active Member of APEGGA, since 2008
- Active Member of OIQ (Ordre des Ingenieurs du Quebec), since 1993.
- TÜV Rheinland SIS, PH&RA FS Expert.