Topics discussed with include:
- Introduction to reliability engineering principles,
- Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA),
- Failure prediction using Weibull Analysis,
- Failure mode and effects criticality analysis (FMECA),
- FMEA's as an integral part of RCM decision making, and
- “State-of-the-Art” reliability modelling and decision tools.
Aside from gaining hands on knowledge and experience in conducting FMEA’s, attendees can expect insight into best practices for implementing reliability tools and processes into existing operations and businesses. John’s experience in a wide range of industries can assist greatly in helping attendees make a difference when back at the office.
Industries/verticals in which John has successfully implemented Reliability Tools and Processes:
- Large scale hydro electricity,
- HV switchgear and transmission,
- Up-stream natural gas processing and transmission,
- Aluminum smelting and casting,
- High Volume wharf facilities,
- Marine transportation,
- Natural gas transmission and distribution, and
- LNG plants.
The seminar is ideal for engineers who are responsible for decisions regarding asset design or maintenance, particularly:
- Maintenance managers and engineers of all disciplines,
- Maintenance and reliability engineers,
- Operations personnel,
- Process and equipment design engineers, and
- Safety engineers.
Senior Reliability Engineer Maintenance Planner, Fortis BC Inc.
John Byers, P.Eng., is a Mechanical Engineer who brings over 30 years of experience in the field of equipment Reliability, Maintenance and Asset Management. Prior to joining FortisBC, John was Director with the consulting firm Reliability Works. John was also Chief Maintenance Engineer at a large Aluminum Smelter. He has extensive experience in all aspects of asset management, is a proven leader and has successfully managed capital projects ranging in value from $200,000 to $30 million+. John holds a mechanical engineering degree from the University of Calgary, and has extensive international experience. He is an accomplished trainer and facilitator for FMEA, FMECA, Weibull, and Reliability Centered Maintenance.