This program goes beyond the mastery of leadership skills and will show you how to communicate within your organization to achieve still greater career success.
9:00 AM–10:30 AM
- Articulate a clear vision for your role as a leader in your organization.
- Understand the connection between your vision and what others bring to it.
- How to use The Leader's Script as a tool to achieve business influence.
Workshop: Participants will articulate the vision they have for their roles and careers. They will brainstorm the areas in which they want to strengthen their leadership thinking.
10:45 AM–12:00 PM
- Be intentional when building relationships.
- Communicate a consistent brand across the organization.
Workshop: Participants will audit their personal brand. They will also identify how they want to be perceived within their organization.
1:00 PM–2:00 PM
- Recognize the importance of political intelligence and relationships.
- Understand the difference between mentorship and sponsorship, and seek out both.
Workshop: Participants will examine the most important internal and external relationships that are key to their success. They will develop plans to build these relationships and develop a script to advance one of these relationships.
2:15 PM–4:15 PM
- Uncover your networking opportunities.
- Know who's in your network; and who should be.
- An effective network is about high quality relationships based on mutual interests.
Workshop: Participants will audit their networking opportunities and prepare for an upcoming networking conversation. They will role-play these interactions.
4:15 PM–4:30 PM
The Humphrey Group
Demetrios is an associate for The Humphrey Group firm. He helps leaders strengthen their communication through group courses and private one-on-one coaching. Demetrios has coached executives in the agricultural, energy, and medical sectors and has helped them move toward an inspirational style of communication. For Demetrios, the most important part of his work is helping his clients find practical solutions to real problems.
As an expert in the area of dispute resolution, Demetrios has worked with a wide range of senior business to leaders, to help them communicate in challenging situations and navigate emotional realities. He has worked in preparing witnesses for arbitration, as well as regulatory hearings and helps his clients master the art of answering questions. Demetrios loves to teach and his clients have consistently commented on his poise and calm demeanor.
Demetrios received his BA in International Relations from the University of Calgary and received his MA in Conflict Studies. Demetrios also holds a PhD in Political Science, specializing in conflict resolution. He is also an accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.