Corporations are a popular structure through which to run a business, but it is not always clear when to incorporate your business.
What is a corporation?
- How do I know when to incorporate?
- Corporate taxation and owner remuneration
- Capital gains exemption and succession planning
For many years corporations have provided benefits to families by allowing for income sprinkling from a primary business operator and income earner, to the lower income spouse or children. However, changes made by the current government to these rules have threatened to eliminate these benefits.
- What is TOSI
- Who is most affected by TOSI
- Alternative strategies and planning for TOSI
- Can trusts still be utilized effectively in a corporate structure
The ability to save and invest for retirement inside your corporations has been reduced significantly. Understand how these changes may impact you and your savings strategy.
- Passive income rules
- Punitive taxes