In this seminar, you will learn to:
- Write effective emails, technical memos, letters, and reports;
- Write clearly and concisely;
- Eliminate common errors;
- Organize information effectively and understand how your audiences process information; and
- Use headings, lists, and other tools to help with the readability of your documents.
Engineers and geoscientists who wish to improve their technical writing skills, and who write emails, letters, memos, and reports as part of their role.
- “Very clear and easy to follow.”
- “Eric did a great job during the course. Did not overwhelm us with terms we did not require.”
- “Great presenter, interactive session, welcoming and open to question.”
- “Eric was an excellent speaker. Was able to stay focused the entire length of the seminar.”
Principal Consultant, Prolepsis Consulting
Eric Tung is Business Communications Lecturer at SFU’s Beedie School of Business, and an English Instructor at UBC’s Extended Learning, where he teaches business and technical writing courses. Eric also develops and delivers customized training programs in technical writing, change management, leadership, facilitation, presentations, negotiations, sales, and customer service. In terms of business communications, Eric also writes proposals and business plans for clients.
In addition to teaching and training, as a Principal Consultant at Prolepsis Consulting, Eric is a business transformation and senior change management consultant, where he advises firms on large-scale organizational-wide changes. He has extensive experience leading and implementing transformation programs and projects, and works with both internal and external stakeholders to assess and support organizational readiness. Eric coaches staff across all levels and works extensively with both public and private sector organizations.