- Understanding when a pilot study is required;
- What outcomes are expected from a pilot plant study;
- What are the key similarities between pilot and large-scale plants;
- Determining which parameters should be selected to design a suitable pilot plant; and
- How to identify variable groups and conduct dimensional analysis for pilot plant study.
Senior Process Engineer/Project Manager, Tervita
Mohsen Barkh is a senior process engineer/project manager at Tervita. He is responsible for all engineering aspects of water treatment projects. This includes managing treatability studies to develop wastewater treatment processes, supervising pilot plant studies to collect detailed design data, coordinating multiple disciplines, and overseeing and reviewing all technical aspects of the treatment process. He is also responsible for managing on-site activities of treatment crews and overseeing the operation of modular water treatment units on various sites throughout Canada.