- The seven essential roles of the 21st century manager,
- What engagement really means,
- How to measure engagement,
- Factors that motivate and build engagement, and
- Factors that de-motivate and erode engagement.
- The principles of effective delegation: the truth about empowerment,
- What empowerment really means and why it is so important,
- The complete 7-step delegation process,
- The risks and restrictions of empowering people,
- How to determine how much freedom and latitude to give an employee in terms of “how” to do a task,
- A tool to determine what performance feedback is appropriate to give each employee, and
- How to teach and facilitate a process for employee problem solving to prevent reverse delegation.
- How to create constructive coaching conversations (effective one-on-one communication),
- How to listen so that people feel understood,
- How put forth ones opinion or idea in a manner most likely to gain acceptance or buy-in, and
- How to disagree with someone without being disagreeable.
- The essential difference between influence and persuasion,
- How to plan and prepare for delivering difficult re-directive feedback,
- How to deliver re-directive feedback in a manner that achieves the desired behavior changes, while minimizes defensiveness,
- The 4 steps and 4 stages of re-directive feedback, and
- How to deliver positive feedback in a manner that makes it meaningful.
Leaders who wants to be solidly grounded in the fundamentals of managing people.
Participants will learn proven, powerful, and practical strategies and techniques that will last a life-time, and can applied the next day.
Greg Campeau is a learner and teacher of timeless leadership principles or truths that govern both personal and organizational effectiveness. Greg has delivered over 2,200 presentations and workshops throughout North America providing leadership strategies and solutions that support both personal and organizational success and stability in the “white water world” of the 21st century.
Since founding Campeau Learning in 1991, Greg has established a client list that is clearly a breed apart, including organizations like Finning Canada, Telus, the Canadian and U.S. Federal Governments, the NHL Coaches Association, and KPMG. Concurrently, for the last 14 years, Greg has instructed courses at British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) in the School of Business. After obtaining an Honors Bachelor of Commerce degree from University of Windsor, Greg went on to spend over 15 years in international packaged goods corporations, during which he achieved increasingly senior management positions while establishing an outstanding record of award-winning success.
Twice, Greg led corporate regions from worst to first in terms of overall performance (market share, revenue, and profit growth). Greg’s broad and riveting appeal is rooted in his relevant, meaningful, thought-provoking, proven, and practical content, which is always delivered in an interactive, humorous, and inspirational style.