In this workshop we will discuss practical tools and proven ideas to help make your meetings productive, inclusive, and even…enjoyable. Specific topics include:
- What goes wrong in meetings and why;
- Fundamental principles for productive, focused and inclusive discussions;
- Gentle but firm enforcement of key meeting rules;
- Roles of the meeting chair and meeting participants.
Board Effectiveness Consultant and Registered Parliamentarian
Presentation: We’ve Got to Stop Meeting Like This
Eli Mina, M.Sc., P.R.P., is a Vancouver-based Board Effectiveness Consultant and Registered Parliamentarian. Since 1984, Eli has advised his clients on achieving excellence in decision making, chairing contentious meetings, demystifying the rules of order, and minute taking standards. Eli’s clients come from municipal government, school boards, aboriginal communities, businesses, credit unions, regulatory bodies, and the non-profit sector. Eli is the author of five published books, including “101 Boardroom Problems and how to solve them.” His website is www.elimina.com.
- Guest/Non-member registration: If you are not a member of Engineers and Geoscientists BC, you can register online by quickly creating a 'non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.