- 5:30 PM–6:00 PM: Registration, Networking, Maker Space Open House
- 6:00 PM–6:30 PM: Catered Dinner
- 6:30 PM–7:30 PM: Technical Presentation
- 7:30 PM–8:00 PM: Branch AGM
Tailings and water dams can store large quantities of fluids which, when released in uncontrolled fashion, can have significant human life and environmental consequences. The presentation outlines the basics of dam construction, presents recent dam failure incidents, statistics of failures over the past several decades, typical failure modes, and a discussion on dam safety management. The objective is to promote knowledge transfer regarding the need for quality engineering, operation, and monitoring of dam facilities.
- Guest/Non-member Registration: If you are not a member of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia, you can register online by quickly creating a 'Non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account and then you will be able to register online with this new account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.
- Photography Disclaimer: Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia will take photographs at this event and may use those in our news or promotional material in print, electronic, or other media, including our website. By attending this event, you grant Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. Should you wish to avoid being photographed, please notify an event volunteer at the onsite event registration desk.
- Alcohol Disclaimer: This event is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age. Please drink responsibly and do not drink and drive.