Please join us for this tour of the Lafarge Lake – Douglas Millenium Line Skytrain Station in Coquitlam, to discuss the open space concepts and construction history of the station and surrounding area, including Town Centre Park. After hearing about this area, participants will take the Skytrain westwards and disembark at Inlet Centre station to hear about this area and travel through Rocky Point Park. The goal of the tour is to learn and appreciate open spaces and how they are conceptualized and built in urban environments.
After the tour portion of the event, we will visit Yellow Dog Brewing Co. to enjoy a networking session.
Please refer to the map for more information on the tour stop locations.
1:00 PM: Arrive at Point A: Lafarge Lake - Douglas Station, Coquitlam
- Presentation of project details by City of Coquitlam staff:
- Open spaces and Evergreen Line Skytrain works
- Town Centre Park, Coquitlam (Point B)
- Travelers by Skytrain (Millenium Line) should disembark at Lafarge Lake - Douglas Station.
- Travelers by car may park at Town Centre Park.
3:00 PM: Take Skytrain westwards, disembark at Inlet Centre Station, Port Moody (Point C)
- Walk along Ioco Road to Murray Street to enjoy the inlet. Tour will end at Rocky Point Park (Point D)
4:00 PM: Visit Yellow Dog Brewing Co. on Murray St. for networking session (Point E)
5:00 PM: Walk to Moody Centre Station (Point F) to either return west or to travel east by Skytrain to Town Centre Park to pick up cars
- Bring a filled water bottle with you to stay hydrated.
- Dress for the weather and a bit of a walk.
- Due to space limitations, the event is limited to 25 participants.
- Guest/Non-member Registration: If you are not a member of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia, you can register online by quickly creating a 'Non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account and then you will be able to register online with this new account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.
- Photography Disclaimer: Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia will take photographs at this event and may use those in our news or promotional material in print, electronic, or other media, including our website. By attending this event, you grant Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. Should you wish to avoid being photographed, please notify an event volunteer at the onsite event registration desk.
- Alcohol Disclaimer: This event is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age. Please drink responsibly and do not drink and drive.