- 5:30 PM–6:00 PM: Registration and Welcome
- 6:00 PM–6:45 PM: Presentation
- 6:45 PM–7:30 PM: Networking
What if you had a magic formula that made career opportunities come your way…before they were made available to the public
Today there is only one currency that matters, and it sets the successful apart from the mediocre. It doesn’t matter if you are a technical genius or not, or whether you are an introvert or extrovert.
The currency is your power base of professional relationships. This determines your informal power and influence – inside a company, in your industry, and in the world.
Most people don’t even think about the power in relationships, and yet it makes all the difference to your success. While most people are focused on doing a good job at work, developing their technical competence and getting high marks on their next performance review, I help you with the unseen part of performance. I make sure that you are visible.
Working together, you will have the right people in your network to assure your success so that:
- The decision makers in your organization contact you with the best assignments.
- The right opportunities come to you first, before they are posted publicly.
- You get priority consideration for promotions.
If you are doing everything you need to do to perform on your job, I can work with you to make sure that your bank account is brimming over with the currency that matters: key relationships, and a power base that puts you at the top of your field.
Whether you are an introvert or extrovert, experienced or just starting out, come join us for the Women in Engineering and Geoscience networking event and learn how to grow your powerbase, become visible, and start being selected to lead great projects or promoted to your next strategic position.
Christine spent 15 years working as a chemical engineer in various roles in heavy industry. She split her career between working on site in manufacturing plants and at the corporate headquarters as an internal expert consultant. Over the years she realized regardless of location or role, there was often a gap of basic communication, leadership and business skills that were killing some of the best ideas and discouraging their top technical talent. Today she works with engineers and other scientists as a leadership and business coach that helps them achieve the results they dream of. One of her favorite quotes is by Marshall Goldsmith, “What got you here won’t get you there”. Invest in yourself and your employees. Build the bridge, close the gap, and embrace your greatness!
The mission of her company is to develop the hybrid engineer, technical brilliance combined with business and leadership savvy.
- Guest/Non-member Registration: If you are not a member of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia, you can register online by quickly creating a 'Non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account and then you will be able to register online with this new account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.
- Photography Disclaimer: Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia will take photographs at this event and may use those in our news or promotional material in print, electronic, or other media, including our website. By attending this event, you grant Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. Should you wish to avoid being photographed, please notify an event volunteer at the onsite event registration desk.
- Alcohol Disclaimer: This event is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age. Please drink responsibly and do not drink and drive.