The Richmond/Delta Branch has worked with academic, industry, and community organizations to bring this full day, fun-filled event in the heart of Richmond. Come out with your family and friends to:
- Browse the projects of engineering students,
- Visit the information booths of engineering companies,
- Learn about the works of the Engineering Division of the City of Richmond,
- Participate in contests and competitions,
- Test your popsicle stick bridge (see details below), and
- Learn more about science, engineering, and geoscience, and win prizes.
These are approximate times and depend on the number of entries on competition day.
The competition is designed for three age groups:
- Grade 10 and under: 1:00 PM–1:30 PM
- Grade 11 and 12: 1:30 PM–2:00 PM
- Post-secondary students and others: 2:00 PM–2:30 PM
- Award Ceremony: 2:30 PM
To participate in this competition, working in a team or individually, please download a copy of the registration form and the rules book, submit your form to us, then obtain the materials (popsicle sticks, glue, and instructions and rules) from the Richmond Public Library front desk in the month of February.
Important: Only the bridges that are constructed with the materials obtained from Richmond Public Library or according to the rules and instructions will be allowed to participate in the competition.
Your bridge will be tested to destruction using the famous bridge tester. The top 5 bridges in all age groups with the highest score will be chosen as the winner of the competition. The winners will be awarded with trophies and prizes.
For those participating in the Popsicle Stick Bridge Competition, please follow these steps:
- Fill out the registration form (available below) and send us an electronic version via email.
- Give a printed copy of your registration form to the Richmond Public Library (Brighouse) to pick up your popsicle stick and glue kit.
- Download the Rules Sheet (available below).
- Register by Saturday, February 23, 2019. However, register early while supplies last.
- Bring a printed copy of your registration form to the event for check-in.