This Engineers and Geoscientists of BC’s Victoria Branch Site Visit and Dinner Meeting will begin with a site visit of the new Emergency Management Operations Centre in Central Saanich. This site visit will be led by Mr. Ian G. Foss, the Regional Manager for the Vancouver Island Region, who will provide information on the inner workings of the Centre and the role of Emergency Management BC.
This site visit will be of interest to those responsible for preparing and responding to a wide range of emergencies in industry and provincial and local governments, such as those created by fires, floods, droughts, illnesses, civil unrest, and more.
The site visit will be followed by a light dinner and facility tour at the forward-looking Category 12 Brewing, about 100 m away. The tour of Category 12 Brewing will be conducted by staff and/or owners of state of art facility.
- 3:15 PM–3:30 PM: Registration
- 3:30 PM–4:30 PM: Site Visit
- 4:30 PM–4:45 PM: Head towards Category 12 Brewing (100 meter walk)
- 4:45 PM–6:00 PM: Light dinner and tour at Category 12 Brewing
For more details on the plan that Emergency Management BC has undertaken to prepare for and respond to emergencies, please see the Emergency Operations Centre Operational Guidelines.
Following the site visit, participants will move to Category 12 Brewing, about 100 meters from the site tour, to enjoy a light dinner of (pre-ordered) meat, chicken, or vegetarian pies, and beverage (beer/beer flights, soft drinks or kombucha tea). For more information on this local, small brewery and the owners’ philosophy, please click here to view their website.
- Dress code is business casual.
- Bring government issued ID, as the event is at a brewery.
- This event is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age. Please drink responsibly and do not drink and drive.