Selected researchers will receive a Certificate of Appreciation from and a chance to be announced in our following newsletters. If you’re interested in presenting research at this event, please submit your abstracts before December 21, 2018. More information on submission details can be found here. Name and title of the 10 selected research presenters will be announced after December 31st. An early RSVP is highly recommended.
- 6:30 PM–7:00 PM: Registration and networking
- 7:00 PM–8:00 PM: Research presentations
- 8:00 PM–8:25 PM: Keynote presentation
- 8:25 PM–9:00 PM: Networking and closing
Senior Engineer, Sewer and Drainage Design Branch, City of Vancouver
Nima recently joined the City of Vancouver as a Senior Hydraulic Modeller. He is spearheading the City’s sewer and drainage hydraulic/hydrologic model employing his experience in urban and rural water resources engineering and infrastructure planning. Before joining the City, Nima worked as a Project Engineer at WSP|OPUS for 4 years and in his home country, Iran, for 8 years. Outside of work, Nima volunteers with the Engineers and Geoscientists of BC and enjoys performing arts from all around the world.
PhD Student, Mechanical Engineering, University of British Columbia
Topic: Increasing the Efficiency of Floating Offshore Wind Farms Using Wind Farm Control
M. Eng Student, Chemical Engineering, University of British Columbia
Topic: Community Energy & Emissions Plan With Focus on the BC Energy Step Code
ASc Student, Civil Engineering, University of British Columbia
Topic: Uncertainty in Salt Dilution Gauging Using Salt Injection
MASc Student, Civil Engineering, University of Victoria
Topic: Solar Hot Water Ready Regulations British Columbia
- Guest/Non-member registration: If you are not a member of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia, you can register online by quickly creating a 'Non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account and then you will be able to register online with this new account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.
- Photography Disclaimer: Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia will take photographs at this event and may use those in our news or promotional material in print, electronic, or other media, including our website. By attending this event, you grant Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. Should you wish to avoid being photographed, please notify an event volunteer at the onsite event registration desk.
- Alcohol Disclaimer: This event is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age. Please drink responsibly and do not drink and drive.