This session is a part of the Women in Leadership series. Women in Leadership, scheduled on February 6, 2020 and Taking the Stage®, scheduled on April 16, 2020.
Please note: These are not prerequisites, but are supplementary sessions.
9:00 AM–10:00 AM
- What are the barriers to success?
- Six principles: achieve success by adopting a positive mindset.
10:00 AM–11:00 AM
- Fine-tune your communications skills, and
- Use the Leader's Script® to communicate effectively with senior leaders.
Workshop: Participants will write a script they can use for an upcoming interaction they will have with a senior leader in their organization.
11:15 AM–12:30 PM
- Take control of your career and define your career goals.
- You must sell yourself... but what are you doing to promote yourself?
- What is your action plan for progressing towards your goals?
Workshop: Participants will define their goals, create a career path, and script a conversation that will help them to advance towards their goals.
1:30 PM–3:30 PM
- Opting out of "the political game" is not an option!
- What do we mean by "political intelligence"?
- Know who's in power and build relationships with them.
- What are your networking opportunities?
Workshop: Participants will list the five most important internal and external relationships that are key to their success and will develop plans to build on each.
3:45 PM–4:15 PM
- What are some Gender Gaps that we must deal with?
Workshop: Women role-play a variety of challenging gender-based situations (being interrupted, ignored, challenged, and diminished) and receive feedback.
4:15 PM–4:30 PM
The Humphrey Group
Diana is a Consultant based in our Vancouver who works with our clients globally. She has developed a reputation for excellence in both her group training and individual coaching with senior leaders from various industries including energy, infrastructure, technology, and finance. Diana believes the most important area of her work is helping leaders find their voice. She is an expert in delivering presence coaching, which she has cultivated through her diverse background and coaching in the film and television industry. Diana is passionate about developing leaders at all levels of an organization. She specializes in helping her clients communicate authentically and become recognized by their organizations as confident leaders with polished executive presence. A featured Keynote speaker across Canada, Diana received her BFA from the University of Regina, with a Minor in Psychology. Diana is an award-winning professional film and television actor.