This session is a part of the Women in Leadership series, Women in Leadership, scheduled on February 6, 2020 and Succeeding on Stage™, scheduled on April 17, 2020.
Please note: These are not prerequisites, but are supplementary sessions.
9:00 AM–10:15 AM
- The link between leadership and communication;
- Communicate with a purpose—to inspire and drive action;
- Six guiding principles for thinking like a leader; and
- Learn your character and role as a leader.
Discussion: The participants will discuss their challenges as women leaders in engineering and geoscience.
10:30 AM–12:00 PM
- Articulate your thinking in a way that convinces and engages:
- Define your topic;
- Develop a focused message;
- Build a logical structure; and
- Select your call to action.
Workshop: Using the method they have been shown, participants will create a talk that clearly conveys their leadership message. The instructor will provide individual feedback.
1:00 PM–1:45 PM
- Avoid the common vocal traps that women fall into; and
- Use the full power of your voice.
Workshop: The women will learn techniques for unlocking their voice.
2:00 PM–4:15 PM
- An introduction to techniques that enable you to project leadership through eye contact, pace, expression, and body language.
Workshop: Participants will work through a series of exercises to show where they may be minimizing their presence and how to instead project the presence of a confident leader.
Workshop: Participants will deliver their prepared talks using the skills they have learned. They will receive detailed feedback from the instructor.
4:15 PM–4:30 PM
- Commitment to authentic, confident leadership.
The Humphrey Group
Diana is a Consultant based in our Vancouver who works with our clients globally. She has developed a reputation for excellence in both her group training and individual coaching with senior leaders from various industries including energy, infrastructure, technology, and finance. Diana believes the most important area of her work is helping leaders find their voice. She is an expert in delivering presence coaching, which she has cultivated through her diverse background and coaching in the film and television industry. Diana is passionate about developing leaders at all levels of an organization. She specializes in helping her clients communicate authentically and become recognized by their organizations as confident leaders with polished executive presence. A featured keynote speaker across Canada, Diana received her BFA from the University of Regina, with a Minor in Psychology. Diana is an award winning professional film and television actor.