This webinar provides practical, applicable solutions and techniques for how to express your thoughts succinctly in written format. Through a series of hands-on workshops, you will learn to write effective emails, technical memos, letters, reports, and other documents. Whether you are a junior employee or a seasoned professional in your technical field, this webinar will help you to improve your technical writing skills.
This webinar is scheduled over 2 days (Monday, July 20 and Tuesday, July 21) with each session a 3-hour live instructor lead online training sessions (9:00 AM–12:00 PM each day). This webinar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar.
In this seminar, you will learn to:
- Write effective emails, technical memos, letters, and reports;
- Write clearly and concisely;
- Eliminate common errors;
- Organize information effectively and understand how your audiences process information; and
- Use headings, lists, and other tools to help with the readability of your documents.
Engineers and geoscientists who wish to improve their technical writing skills, and who write emails, letters, memos, and reports as part of their role.
- “Eric was an excellent presenter. He is engaging and made the class interesting and informative.”
- “Very clear and easy to follow.”
- “Eric did a great job during the course. Did not overwhelm us with terms we did not require.”
- “Great presenter, interactive session, welcoming and open to question.”
- “Eric was an excellent speaker. Was able to stay focused the entire length of the seminar.”
Principal Consultant, Prolepsis Consulting
Eric Tung has a Master of Arts in English from the University of British Columbia (UBC). He is an English Instructor at UBC’s Extended Learning, where he teaches professional writing and communications courses. He is also a Lecturer at Simon Fraser University, where he teaches Business Communications at the Beedie School of Business. As a Principal Consultant at Prolepsis Consulting, Eric designs and delivers customized business, proposal, and technical writing workshops to various organizations, including engineering, construction, and consulting firms.
Eric is also a Change Management Consultant and specializes in change management strategy and implementation, organizational readiness and assessments, stakeholder engagement, coaching, facilitation, instructional design, training, and technical and business communications. He has extensive experience in the municipal, utilities, academic, and technical sectors.