In a modern organization, the job of the leader is to unlock resources that were tied up in silos, increase collaboration and communication across geographically dispersed business units, and run smooth cross-functional processes, so that the organization becomes more agile, customer-focused, and profitable.
During this practical and interactive 1-day training seminar, the focus will be on providing the specific skills, tools, and techniques that leaders now need to succeed in a modern, evolving organization.
- An understanding of the drivers of this transformation, and the profound consequences for all leaders and managers in the workplace;
- The ‘matrix mindset’ – a specific blend of attitudes and beliefs that enable a leader and those they lead, to succeed in this complex environment rather than become a victim of it;
- The most important skills needed by leaders in the evolving, modern workplace, including how to:
- demystify the modern organization structure for their people.
- build clarity and organizational alignment.
- deal with having accountability for results without control.
- influence without having positional authority.
- manage competing priorities through making sensible tradeoffs.
- Lead cross-functional collaboration, including ‘virtual’ collaboration, where team members are in remote locations and connected through digital technology.
- Use three guiding principles to help you quickly navigate your way through this complex environment and earn willing followers.
A comprehensive workbook will be provided with detailed ‘how-to’ descriptions of all the leadership skills, tools, and techniques featured during the training.
Any engineer or geoscientist with leadership responsibility (Defined as having one or more direct or dotted-line report) within a modern, cross-functional organization, who has experienced the unique challenges that come with the territory, and wants a practical set of skills and tools that s/he can use to further her/his career.
- You will gain the ability to lead even more effectively in a modern organization, immediately.
- You will acquire distinctive and career-enhancing leadership skills that are highly marketable.
- The skills that you will learn will enable you to deal with demanding leadership challenges more effectively so that you experience less pressure in doing so.
- Your productivity and that of the people you lead will increase significantly.
President, Digital Evolution Canada (DEC)
Rob Gilfoyle has over 20 years experience of providing leadership training—including performing under pressure, change leadership, and how to lead effectively in a matrixed organization—and consulting services to public and private sector organizations, including Fortune 500 companies and professional services firms in North America, Asia, Europe, and Africa.
He has been involved with many large and complex organizational change initiatives and has learned much about the challenges inherent in making change happen in real-world situations; he has developed particular expertise in helping organizations to make the changes necessary to leverage the value available from digital technology, (i.e., so-called, Digital Transformation).
Rob is an Achieve Global and Performance Connections International accredited trainer, holds a British Psychological Society Certificate of Competence in Psychometric Assessment, and is a qualified Birkman Consultant. Rob leads a training and consulting group, O.T.I. Performance Inc. in Vancouver, BC, and is President of Digital Evolution Canada. Also, he is a faculty member of the Directors College, based at McMaster University.