Fortunately, there are many proactive and preventative measures that you can take to manage disrespect. With many tools and an action plan, everyone in your workplace can create an effective strategy to dealing with your most challenging people.
The focus of this webinar is on providing leaders with tools for approaching and resolving disrespect issues, before they become full-blown conflicts. Participants will learn how to assess the situation early, maturely, and how to change the context of the conversation. It helps leaders use direct conversations to take the initiative to confront the problem. Critical to disrespect management, participants will develop strategies for changing the context of conflicts from negative to positive, from disrespectful to appropriate. Participants will learn how to turn a disagreement into an opportunity to provoke learning and enrich relationships. Lastly, the webinar will cover how to create lasting solutions to conflict and tips for sticking to them.
More specifically, it will enable participants to enhance their communication skills and awareness for:
- Proactively engaging to confront disrespect;
- Addressing bad behaviour;
- Having difficult conversations;
- Tackling tough behavioural challenges;
- Improving listening skills;
- Enriching relationships and workplace culture; and
- Changing the context of disrespect from negative to positive.
The webinar is a combination of subject matter presentation, video examples, and group engagement. This interactive presentation is divided into 5 sections:
Paul Pelletier Consulting
Paul is a Canadian business executive, corporate lawyer, project manager, and international public speaker with over 25 years of experience in senior roles in government and industry. He is an advocate, consultant, and expert in improving team engagement by focusing on workplace respect, diversity, culture, values, attitude, and empowerment. Helping leaders and organizations improve their levels of employee engagement and establish respectful behaviours, best practices, and processes for optimizing workplace culture is his focus.
Paul is also a published author on the topic of workplace respect. His 2018 book, The Workplace Bullying Handbook, is designed to help organizations and their staff prevent, manage and eliminate workplace bullying. Paul’s website is pushingpastimpossible.com. His consulting firm’s website is www.paulpelletierconsulting.com.
- Introducing and examining the concept of workplace disrespect and bad behaviours.
- Outlining the impacts of disrespect on team engagement, performance, and workplace culture.
- Acknowledging the problem—strategies for early detection and taking initiative to confront the problem quickly.
- Talking it over—improving communication in disrespectful situations.
- Creating solutions—recommendations and action plans for resolution.
- Question and Answer section.