Personal management of stress is critical and not always easy. This workshop takes stress management to a deeper level of awareness so that participants understand their root cause of stress, the impact and what actions they can take to minimize and release it. The model and techniques used are simple and pragmatic in handling day-to-day and ongoing stress issues that may arise.
This workshop focuses intensively on skills practice to ensure participants build a higher level of resilience in dealing with stress. Please note that some stress may require professional help.
- Stronger understanding of stress triggers;
- Improved ability to dissect stressful situation;
- Increased awareness of how to adjust our thinking and our reactions;
- Personal ownership of many types of stress; and
- A workplace with reduced stress.
- Root causes of stress and the vicious circle;
- The disconnect between reality and our belief;
- How to release stress;
- Understanding how mental chatter informs our stress levels;
- Evaluating our thinking during times of stress; and
- New ways of responding to stressful situations.
This workshop is applicable to all audiences, including intact teams.
Kwela Leadership & Talent Management
Helen has over 20 years’ experience as an Organizational Development and Human Resources professional, working as both a consultant and within industry. Helen’s expertise includes training and facilitation, people and leadership development, employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, performance management, competency development, career development, recognition and onboarding. Helen has provided consulting services for a broad range of sectors, including public services, high-tech, financial services, post-secondary education, and retail.
Prior to joining Kwela, Helen worked for a large charity, leading the learning and development function for the organization. Helen also spent time volunteering internationally, supporting non-profit organizations to build their human resources capacity.
Helen has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and English, she is a Certified Compensation Professional, and is certified in Mental Health First Aid.