One’s level of influence can be dramatically improved by carefully adjusting ideas to the concerns and communication styles of others, and by formulating ideas in a compelling way. As influencing skills are used more often, resistance to change decreases along with the need to use authority/positional power, leading to stronger relationships and increased commitment.
In this interactive virtual workshop, participants bring their own case studies and use the theory presented to hone their ideas and to maximize acceptance by their stakeholder group.
- Improved odds of getting good ideas adopted in the organization.
- Improved ability to influence peers and superiors.
- Reduced resistance to change.
- Reduced reliance of the use of authority/positional power.
- Improved relationships.
- Increased commitment to new ideas.
- Overcoming resistance to change;
- Analysing stakeholders;
- Adapting to the style of others;
- Active listening;
- Adaptation of ideas through negotiation and conflict resolution;
- Increasing one’s credibility with people;
- How to appeal to both logic and emotion; and
- Speaking persuasively to individuals and groups.
This course is relevant to people at all levels (including senior leaders) who would like to improve their level of influence without relying on positional power.
Kwela Leadership & Talent Management
Nic’s extensive expertise includes strategic planning, design, and delivery of leadership and management development programs, design, and implementation of performance management systems and facilitating team building sessions. He also has experience in operations management and has implemented total quality management systems and business process re-engineering.
Nic has an honours degree in industrial psychology, and a master’s degree.