The following list summarizes skills that students will be comfortable with after this course:
- Create tables and learn to sort, filter, and report on data with a few clicks;
- Add data validation, including using pick lists;
- Remove duplicate data; circle invalid data;
- Use data analysis tool;
- Create and modify Pivot Tables;
- Create and modify Pivot Charts;
- Add calculations and custom functions within a Pivot Table;
- Use slicers and filters with Pivot Tables; and
- Import data with Power Query.
Microsoft Master Instructor, PowerConcepts
David was born and raised in Kelowna. He graduated from Okanagan College in 1992 with a diploma in Computer Informative Systems. Afterwards he worked in information technology as a programmer for Okanagan College for 5 years and taught various Microsoft programs in Continuing Studies at Okanagan College. He also had his own software development company for 25 years. He built custom Microsoft software solutions for small to midsized companies in the Okanagan and Lower Mainland. He has been teaching at PowerConcepts for many years and has expert knowledge in all Microsoft Applications.