For more information on the Inclusive Leadership Program, please see the program brochure.
- Understand the current landscape of diversity and inclusion;
- Gain insight into current debates within the discourse;
- Clearly articulate your position on diversity and inclusion;
- Understand your role in creating the inclusivity you want;
- Learn the tactics of inclusive communication; and
- Become comfortable using common and less common diversity and inclusion terms.
The Inclusive Leadership Program allows registrants to learn in a flexible and interactive format. Through videos and quizzes, the platform uses peer interaction and facilitated learning to enhance the learning experience. Webinars will be offered in weeks 1, 2, and 4 and an instructor will be available throughout the course of the program to provide feedback.
- Flexible Learning: Take each module when you can and complete the assignments in the flow of work.
- Social Learning: Interact with your peers through the platform.
- Facilitated Learning: Get feedback from a Humphrey Group instructor.
- Go Deeper: Elective content for those who want to further build their skills.
- Progressive Learning: Assignments that build upon each other as the program advances.
May 10–16, 2021
||Module 1: Why Inclusive Leadership Now?
||Week 1 Webinar: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 from 10:30 AM–11:30 AM PST
May 17–23, 2021
|Module 2: Who is Responsible for D&I?
||Elective: Diversity & Inclusion Statements
||Week 2 Webinar: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 from 10:30 AM–11:30 AM PST
May 24–30, 2021
|Module 3: Adopt an Inclusion Mindset
||Elective: Take a Deeper Dive into Humility
||Week 3: No Webinar
May 31–June 6, 2021
|Module 4: Practice Inclusive Communications
||Elective: Increase your Inclusive Vocabulary
||Week 4 Webinar: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 from 10:30 AM–11:30 AM PST
||Module 5: Applying your Skills
||No elective this week
||Week 5: No Webinar
The Humphrey Group
Justyna is a Program Development Associate based in Toronto. In addition to instructing, she supports the development of new digital, virtual, and face-to-face offerings.
Before joining The Humphrey Group, Justyna spent over 7 years facilitating learning and teaching effective writing in higher education classrooms. Her dynamic style and comprehensive approach to teaching and learning ignited a passion for designing interactive digital and virtual learning experiences that strengthen clients’ communication skills. She excels at customizing course content for diverse audiences and enjoys working with clients both individually and in groups.
Justyna earned her BA and MA (English) at Concordia University before completing a PhD (English) at York University. She is fluent in English, French, and Polish and proficient in Spanish.