Presentation topics include:
- Starting a Job During COVID-19 by Gemma Pedersen-Arseneau
- Career Growth During COVID-19 by Megan Pate
- Work-life Balance During COVID-19 by Erica Ellis
- 6:30 PM–6:35 PM: Introduction
- 6:35 PM–7:35 PM: Presentations
- 7:35 PM–8:00 PM: Q&A
PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc.
Gemma is a Field Coordinator at PCL currently working on the VGH OR Renewal Project. The project includes upgrading 16 ORs, the Patient Care Units and the Supporting Services of the 3rd floor of Jim Pattinson North at VGH. Gemma graduated from the University of Victoria in June 2019 with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. During her degree Gemma completed two co-ops with PCL in the Building Systems Department, one co-op at Houle Electric working on site at the PARQ Casino Project and a co-op term at WSP | MMM in the Electrical Engineering Department. Outside of work Gemma enjoys getting outside whether it’s playing soccer, walks on the beach or skiing.
City of Vancouver
Megan works for the City of Vancouver as the Acting Manager of the Utilities Management Branch, which is responsible for third party utility construction and street right of way management. She is also the Design Manager of the Northeast False Creek (NEFC) Project. The $400 million project involves replacing the Georgia and Dunsmuir Viaducts in downtown Vancouver with a new multi-modal street network. Megan also led the publication of the City of Vancouver’s first consolidated Design Manual, Standard Detail Drawings, and Construction Specifications, the first editions of which were published in 2019. She was awarded the Young Professional Award by Engineers and Geoscientists BC in 2019 and the Young Engineer Achievement Award by Engineers Canada in 2020.
Kerr Wood Leidal Associates Ltd.
Erica Ellis is a professional geoscientist specializing in the practical application of science to environmental management. Her technical work has focused on river morphology and hydrology in watersheds throughout British Columbia, as well as in Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Washington State. Erica is also a committed project manager who has had extensive involvement in projects with multi-stakeholder groups. She is an excellent communicator, and skilled at successfully conveying technical information to diverse audiences. In 2019, Erica became the sector leader for KWL’s Water Resources Group (South Coast). Erica is the mother of two elementary school-age boys. In March 2020, Erica and her KWL team transitioned to working full-time from home as part of COVID-19 response and on-going management.
- Guest/Non-registrant Registration: If you are not a member of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia, you can register online by quickly creating a 'Non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account and then you will be able to register online with this new account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.