Participants will learn how to:
- Develop a coaching mindset by examining coaching principles and practices.
- Adapt coaching styles to various situations.
- Expand ones understanding of empathy and the importance of listening.
- Explore various insights and questions to support coaching and mentoring.
- Overcome challenges related to providing feedback.
Adel Gamar, CEO and Co-Founder
Gamar Leadership Group (GLG) Ltd.
Adel Gamar is CEO and Cofounder of GLG Ltd.—a boutique firm specializing in adaptive leadership, organizational strategy, and change management. Over the course of his career, he has advised and trained senior leaders and teams of Fortune 500 companies, non-profit organizations, public sector agencies, and governments worldwide. He served as Education Specialist at UNESCO and Policy Fellow at Harvard Law School. While at Harvard, Adel taught adaptive leadership and negotiation.
Adel is Board Chair of Douglas College and cofounder of The Gamar Foundation—a non-profit that aims to inspire, empower, and connect young people to make a positive difference in their communities. He is Adjunct Professor at UBC Sauder School of business and holds an MPA from Harvard and a B.Ed. from the University of Calgary.