- 1:00 PM: Attendees Convene in Herzberg Conference Room #1330
- 1:30 PM: Overivew of Herzberg Presentation
- 2:15 PM: Tour of the 5 Herzberg Labs
- 3:30 PM: Q&A and Refreshments
- 4:00 PM: Bonus Tour of the Dominion Observatory (Optional)
The Herzberg Astronomy and Astrophysics (HAA) Institute is based in Victoria and Penticton, and hosts the Dominion Astrophysical Observatory. HAA performs world-class research in astrophysics including areas such as exoplanets, star formation, stellar populations, galaxy formation and evolution, black holes, and cosmology. HAA develops ground-based and space-based state-of-the-art instrumentation that is critical to the research of world-class observatories in Canada and abroad. HAA's optical and radio astronomy programs participate in international observatories located in Chile and Hawaii, which include telescopes sensitive to ultra-violet, optical, infrared, and millimeter and submillimeter radiation.
Parking is available on site. Vaccination status will be checked upon arrival.