By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe analytics strategy in the context of an asset-based approach.
- Discuss the application of data analytics based on equipment criticality (i.e., layers of analytics).
- Describe sources of data and metadata in engineering and geoscience.
- Discuss the application of data analytics in asset reliability and performance optimization.
- Apply data analytics tools and techniques (Power BI and Excel) to tell a story (i.e., communicate the key findings from your data analysis).
This workshop is designed for engineers, geoscientists, and managers who strive to take advantage of the available data in their organizations, using analytics tools and techniques, to gain insight into their respective projects/operations.
Haideh Farahmand, P.Eng. (Registered in Alberta)
Instructor, Chiu School of Business at Bow Valley College
Haideh Farahmand has more than 20 years of experience in academia and industry. Haideh teaches data analytics, project management, organizational behavior, supply chain management, and business strategy. Haideh has worked as a manager for integration, operational excellence at Suncor Energy. She also has worked in various project management roles at Petro-Canada and Fluor Canada. Haideh was assigned an additional role at Suncor Energy as the program manager for the engineers-in-training (EIT) program and served as a member of Suncor’s talent council. Haideh was a finalist in Suncor Energy’s President Operational Excellence award in 2012 and 2013 in recognition of her contributions to the improvement of the EIT program and the development of the enterprise gap closure plan. Haideh holds M.Sc. in project management and is currently pursuing a doctorate in business administration.