Engaged employees frequently report that they understand what is expected of them, are empowered to make decisions as their skills improve, and receive feedback when they have done a good job and when they have not. Just as importantly, when they face barriers on the job, the manager makes an honest attempt to understand and problem solve in a constructive way.
This program provides the core management skills that maximize employee performance and engagement. It makes extensive use of skills practice using actual participant case studies in order to ensure relevance and prepare participants for critical conversations back on the job. Participants will have the opportunity to participate in group discussions and demonstrations to put what they've learned into practice.
- Higher levels of performance of staff members;
- Improved accountability with respect to people executing on their prior commitments;
- Increased opportunities for staff to grow their skills; and
- Higher levels of engagement and improved retention.
- The link between coaching and employee engagement;
- Setting goals and expectations;
- Using the right delegation style for the situation;
- Listening and empathy;
- Giving recognition;
- Giving feedback and holding people accountable;
- Holding tough conversations;
- Coaching with the GROW model; and
- Holding one-on-one meetings with employees.
This course is applicable to people managers at all levels.
Kwela Leadership & Talent Management
Helen has over 20 years’ experience as an Organizational Development and Human Resources professional, working as both a consultant and within industry. Helen’s expertise includes training and facilitation, people and leadership development, employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, performance management, competency development, career development, recognition, and onboarding. Helen has provided consulting services for a broad range of sectors, including public services, high-tech, financial services, post-secondary education, and retail.
Prior to joining Kwela, Helen worked for a large charity, leading the learning and development function for the organization. Helen also spent time volunteering internationally, supporting non-profit organizations to build their human resources capacity.
Helen has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and English, is a Certified Compensation Professional, and is certified in Mental Health First Aid.