- Differentiate between representation and diversity, and between equity, equality, and inclusion.
- Understand how individual dimensions of diversity impact their worldview and workplace behaviours.
- Describe the business case for developing a work culture that values diversity and is inclusive of all.
The Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility in the Workplace Series is comprised of 4 one-hour webinars and will provide participants with a deeper understanding of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA). We will explore barriers like unconscious bias, harrassment, and microaggressions in order to cultivate a respectful and inclusive work environment. Registrants who sign up for the series and attend all 4 webinars will be granted a certificate from the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
The series is made up of the following webinars:
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) Fundamentals: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 from 9:00 AM–10:00 AM Pacific Time
- Introduction to Unconscious Bias: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 from 9:00 AM–10:00 AM Pacific Time
- Respect in the Workplace: Wednesday, November 22, 2023 from 9:00 AM–10:00 AM Pacific Time
- Managing Microaggressions: Wednesday, November 29, 2023 from 9:00 AM–10:00 AM Pacific Time
Tiffany Cool (she/her)
IDEA Learning Coordinator, Learning, Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion
Tiffany joined CCDI Consulting as an IDEA Learning Coordinator in 2022. She is passionate about learning and channels this through her work. She finds joy in diving into the topics of IDEA and sharing knowledge as well as engaging in conversation to learn from others.
Tiffany comes from a background that’s been rooted in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion since her bachelor’s degree where she completed an interdisciplinary degree encompassing psychology, sociology, and disability studies. In her Masters in Women and Gender Studies, she explored these topics further and took on a research project examining shame and its connection to menstruation. At her previous workplace in the building industry, she quickly took on the initiative to steer the IDEA initiatives in her organization.
Outside of work, Tiffany is often exploring the world and trying new activities. She loves to hike the Escarpment or find new things to try or skills to learn. When not out exploring, she loves to read and curl up with her cat, Kylo, or watch a new show while working on her current craft project, whether it's knitting, embroidery, crochet, or cross stitch.
*Instructors are subject to change