This course is a joint project between Engineers Canada (EC) and Polytechnique Montréal. It will show real case studies illustrating practical applications of the 10 guidelines contained in EC’s National guideline on sustainable development and environmental stewardship for professional engineers (2016). It will also suggest tools for engineers to apply these guidelines in their professional practice.
This course will help you:
- Integrate sustainability in all types of projects;
- Work more efficiently with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Consider your projects' social impacts;
- Design sustainability and stewardship indicators and evaluate outcomes;
- Assess costs and benefits of environmental protection;
- Plan and manage risk; and
- Foster innovation and propose novel solutions.
- Theoretical video capsules
- Interviews with practising engineers from various fields
- Real case studies
- Tools and resources
- Practice questions, quizzes, and final exam (optional)