The WinSETT Centre delivers a series of professional development workshops tailored primarily to early to mid-career female engineers, scientists, and technologists in science- and technology-based sectors. Graduate students and senior undergraduates have also benefited. The program has been developed by professionals based on the experiences of women in SETT and grounded in research and practices that work.
This workshop describes the importance of networks, their context, how to develop and strengthen your networking skills, elegant positioning for advancement, and how to leverage your network in support of your career goals. The workshop will also describe the different kinds of mentors, coaches and sponsors, and how to mutually benefit from those relationships. Specifically:
- Appreciate the critical role of relationships to supporting and advancing their career
- Revisit their leadership and career goals
- Strengthen their networking skills
- Reflect on the professional presence they project
- Learn how to develop (and be) mentors and sponsors