President's Awards Nomination Procedures
Nominations for our President's Awards are now open. Deadline: April 13, 2018
Online Award Nomination Form
The President’s Awards are British Columbia’s top awards for professional engineers and professional geoscientists and have been developed to recognize the exemplary and outstanding professional, technical and community contributions made by members of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia.
We invite you to identify worthy candidates for the President's Awards. These awards honour our members' outstanding technical, professional, and community service contributions, and are bestowed upon recipients at the President's Awards as part of our Annual Conference in October. Awards are presented in the following categories:
- R.A. McLachlan Memorial Award
- C.J. Westerman Memorial Award
- Meritorious Achievement Award
- Community Service Award
- D.C. Lambert Professional Service Award
- Teaching Award for Excellence in Engineering and Geoscience Education
- Young Professional Award
Since the inception of the association’s awards program in 1965, over 275 individuals have received these top honours from their peers.
Prior to making a nomination, please review the:
|April 13, 2018
||Deadline for submission of award nominations
||Awards selection and winners contacted
||Awards presented at Annual Conference in Vancouver, BC
- The online nomination form does not allow you to save your work as you go. It is recommended that you review the online form and work from a word file and then copy your information into the form when you are ready to submit the completed nomination.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your online award nomination as been received.
- Letters of support must be addressed to: Standing Awards Committee.
- Paper copies of nomination materials are not required.
- The online award nomination form allows for inclusion of attachments in PDF or Word file for letters of support, a resume, and supporting materials.
- The Standing Awards Committee will review all nominations, and make recommendations to Council regarding the recipients of the awards. The Standing Awards Committee, at its discretion, may carry forward nominations from the previous year. They may also decide not to select a recipient for one or more awards each year.
- All correspondence will be conducted between the Standing Awards Committee and the principal nominator on the online nomination form.
- The Standing Awards Committee would prefer that a nomination not be revealed to a candidate before its consideration by Council.
- President’s Awards may be conferred posthumously at the discretion of the Standing Awards Committee; however the nominee must be living at the time of nomination, and
- Online award nominations are preferred. Should you wish to submit your nomination via email or by mail, please use the following nomination form.
Laurel Buss, Communications Officer