Student Member Resources
Student Membership provides you with a number of resources and opportunities for advancing your future as a professional engineer or geoscientist. Click on the links below to access benefits.
- Student and Industry Nights
- We host Student and Industry Nights on university campuses throughout the year. These events are free to attend and provide students with the opportunity to network with industry professionals. And of course there is always free food.
- Branch Membership
- Student Members automatically gain complimentary membership to their local Engineers and Geoscientists BC branch. Students are encouraged to attend events. Many branches have volunteer opportunities as well.
- Innovation Magazine
- Student Members receive a free subscription to our official publication. Find out what projects BC's engineering and geoscience professionals are working on, learn about emerging technologies and discover companies you want to work for.
- Student Member Portal
- The Student Member Portal provides you with career resources including sample member resumes, interview advice and scholarship application tips.
- eNews keeps you up-to-date on association happenings and industry news.
- The Foundation and several Engineers and Geoscientists BC Branches offer scholarships to BC's engineering and geoscience students. Student Members are exclusively eligible to apply for the Student Member Scholarships.
- Student Team Funding
- We offer funding to engineering and earth science student organizations and teams throughout BC. At least one member of your team or organization must be a Student Member.
- Member Affinity Programs
- We have has partnered with selected suppliers to offer discounts to members on various products and services and these are available to Student Members. Discounts on hotels, fuel, airport parking, and game tickets are just some of the benefits available.
- EIT or GIT Program Credit*
- For each year that you are registered as a Student Member, $12.50 will be credited towards your Engineer-in-Training or Geoscientist-in-Training membership fee (maximum of $50 for undergraduate years of study; maximum of $25 for master's years of study). *You must apply for member-in-training status within two years of graduation to receive credit.
- Student Pricing for Events
- Student Members receive special pricing for seminars, many branch events and our most popular event: the Annual Conference and AGM.
- Online Qualifications Posting
- Student Members may post their qualifications to our website for employers to view.
- Employment Listings
- Student Members receive a weekly career listings email. Find out which companies are hiring and what projects are upcoming.
- Online Competency Experience Reporting System*
- Student Members receive access to the online Competency Experience Reporting System upon request. This system enables students to better understand what co-op or pre-graduation work experience may be considered towards their four-year work experience requirement. *Currently for engineering students only
If you have questions about our programs and services for engineering and earth science students, please email [email protected].