2018 Science Games Volunteer Geoscientist
February 23, 2018
Science Games volunteers will use their knowledge of geoscience and engineering to judge various science challenges at this event. Engineers and Geoscientists BC is looking for several judges with a background in geoscience to help out at this event.
The Science Games is a hands on science challenge for students from grades one to six. During the event, students will work together in teams to complete various science based challenges.
- Saturday, March 10, 2018
- Full Day Shift: 8:00 AM–5:00 PM
- Morning Shift: 8:00 AM–12:30 PM
- Afternoon Shift: 12:00 PM–5:00 PM
- Telus World of Science, 1455 Quebec St, Vancouver, BC, V6A 3Z7
- Arrive on time for your shift.
- Participate in the volunteer orientation at the Science Games so that you are familiarized with your role as a volunteer and the 2018 Science Games activities.
- Review judging criteria and provide scores to all teams.
- Help set up and take down activities.
- Clean up activity stations between activities and at the end of the event.
- Help with other event tasks as necessary.
- Knowledge of geoscience.
- Engineers and Geoscientists BC member (e.g., student member, geoscientist-in-training, P.Geo., Geo.L., or P.Eng./P.Geo.)
- Past experience talking to students about geoscience an asset.
- 4.5–9 hours depending on shift.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Inspire the next generation of geoscientists.
- Learn new skills and expand your business network.
- Earn credits for CPD and Engineers and Geoscientists BC service awards.
Please email email@example.com to volunteer.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.