Association Representative for District of Squamish Advisory Design Panel
August 2, 2019
Open Until Filled
The District of Squamish Advisory Design Panel (ADP) is an independent body that advises Squamish Staff and Council concerning the design of all residential multi-family, commercial, and industrial buildings located in all Development Permit areas of Squamish (except DP Area No. 1 and DP Area No. 11).
The Panel may also make recommendations to Squamish Staff and Council with respect to any policies or guidelines established by the District and any other matter referred to the Advisory Design Panel.
For more information, please visit the District of Squamish’s webpage for the Advisory Design Panel.
Applications for this position will be reviewed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC and nominations will be forwarded to the District of Squamish Council for approval.
The ADP representative for Engineers and Geoscientists BC will provide a summary of their activities to the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Professional Practice Committee on a semi-annual basis.
- Professional engineer with a minimum 10 years of experience practising in a civil or municipal engineering field.
- Appointments are 2 years in length.
- Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month, as required, at 2:00 PM in the District of Squamish Council Chambers, 37955 Second Avenue, Squamish, BC.
- Panel members may not miss more than three consecutive meetings.
- Before each meeting, panel members are required to review agenda items and be prepared for a discussion
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience,
- Socialize and make new connections with other volunteer members,
- Learn about new areas of engineering and geoscience,
- Authorized travel expenses will be reimbursed,
- Earn credits for CPD and Engineers and Geoscientists BC service awards, and
- Volunteer appreciation.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.