Building Enclosure Committee Member
January 23, 2019
Open Until Filled
The Engineers and Geoscientists BC Building Enclosure Committee is an Advisory Committee reporting to the Professional Practice Committee. Its mandate is to monitor developments and advise on matters relating to the building enclosure area of practice.
- Committee members report to the Professional Practice Committee.
Committee members are responsible for:
- Identifying issues within the practice of building enclosure engineering and working towards resolutions;
- Reviewing applicable guidelines and make amendments, updates, and revisions as necessary;
- Working on the development of a Continuing Professional Development program for the practice of building enclosure engineering; and
- Liaising with the Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC) regarding shared building enclosure practice issues.
- A registered professional engineer in good standing with Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
- Must have significant experience in building enclosure engineering and related energy issues; and
- Preference will be given to members and licensees from outside the Lower Mainland (looking in particular for a member from the Interior or the North).
- Appointments are 2 years in length, renewable twice for a maximum of 6 consecutive years, unless otherwise extended by the CEO.
- Meetings are held approximately once a month (except during the summer) at the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Burnaby office; breakfast is provided;
- Meetings are approximately 2 hours in length, from 8 AM–10 AM;
- The committee may meet in person or by telephone conference, where all members may simultaneously hear each other and participate during the meeting; and
- Before each meeting, members are required to review agenda items and be prepared for discussion.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience;
- Socialize and make new connections with other volunteer members;
- Reimbursement of authorized travel expenses;
- Earn credits for CPD and Engineers and Geoscientists BC service awards; and
- Volunteer appreciation.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.