Consulting Practice Committee Member, Fire Protection Engineer or Structural Engineer
August 31, 2018
Open Until Filled
The Engineers and Geoscientists BC Consulting Practice Committee is an Advisory Committee reporting to the Professional Practice Committee. Its mandate is to provide advice on matters pertaining to the consulting engineering and professional geoscience practices, related reference standards and guidelines, and related matters which may affect association members and licensees.
Committee members report to the Professional Practice Committee.
Committee members are responsible for:
- Assisting the association in becoming informed on matters concerning the practice of consulting engineering and professional geoscience and to recommend action in these matters when needed,
- Communicating matters deemed to be of interest with association members and licensees,
- Recommending suitable representation on boards, panels, and committees of interest to consulting members and licensees, and
- Evaluating changes occurring in other associations or jurisdictions which may affect consulting members.
- Professional engineer practising as a consultant in the fire protection field or structural engineering field, and
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in consulting.
- Appointments are 2 years in length, renewable twice for a maximum of 6 consecutive years, unless otherwise extended by the CEO.
- Meetings are held approximately 6 times per year at the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Burnaby office; lunch is provided,
- The committee may meet in person or by telephone conference, where all members may simultaneously hear each other and participate during the meeting, and
- Before each meeting, members are required to review agenda items and be prepared for discussion.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience,
- Socialize and make new connections with other volunteer members;
- Learn about new areas of engineering and geoscience,
- Authorized travel expenses will be reimbursed,
- Earn credits for CPD and Engineers and Geoscientists BC service awards, and
- Volunteer appreciation.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.