Geoscience Committee Member
Open until filled
The Engineers and Geoscientists BC Geoscience Committee is a sub-committee of the Registration Committee.
Its mandate is to advise the Registration Committee and Council regarding issues pertaining to the Geoscience membership and community. The committee also reviews the academic qualifications and experience of applicants for registration as Professional Geoscientists (P.Geo.).
The Geoscience Committee is a sub-committee that advises the Registration Committee and Council.
Duties and Expectations
- Review Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) applications and make recommendations regarding the applicants’ qualifications. Actions may range from recommending licensure to rejecting an application. Advice on specific policies, legislation and precedent is provided by Registration staff.
- Review and make recommendations regarding policies and issues affecting the Geoscience community.
- Attend committee meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Currently an Engineers and Geoscientists BC professional member; and
- Have at least 10 years of experience in your stated field of practice.
The Geoscience Committee is currently looking for members in the following practice areas:
- Geology (Mineral Exploration, Petroleum Geology);
- Environmental Geoscience; and
Term of Office
Average Time Commitment
- The committee meets an average of eight to nine times annually;
- Meetings are generally two hours in length and happen midday;
- Meetings can be attended in person or remotely via teleconference; and
- Preparation involves reviewing agendas.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience;
- Learn new skills and expand your business network;
- Authorized travel expenses will be reimbursed;
- Earn credits for CPD and Engineers and Geoscientists BC service awards; and
- Volunteer appreciation.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.